eCycle Group, part of Environmental Reclamation Services, LLC (ERS), is committed to the environment and recycling through its collection of empty laser,
and inkjet cartridges and the recycling of cell phones and other used products.
eCycle Group will manage the recycling or reusing of inkjets, toner cartridges, cell phones and their components and the redirection of all other used
products in a responsible manner that minimizes potential environmental and health impacts and fully considers the following: legal requirements and
governmental policies, customer expectations and concerns, short and long-term benefits, and viable material and process alternatives.
This policy is enacted by Environmental Reclamation Services, LLC (ERS) as part of the process to inform businesses of the facts surrounding the environmental
benefits of recycling or reusing waste products in a most efficient basis.
Environmental Reclamation Services, LLC (ERS) puts their commitment to this policy into action each day with the following processes:
- Collection of laser and ink cartridges for refilling which results in reusing resources.
- In the case that the cartridge is unusable or the market is prohibitive to reuse, we attempt to recycle.
- In the case that a cartridge cannot be recycled, it is disposed of in accordance with all applicable laws and ordinances.
- ERS recycles all cardboard that comes into the facility.
- All cell phones no matter the condition are sold to re-furbisher for reuse, remanufactured, or recycled.
- All batteries are sent to an accredited recycler.
- All metal, chargers, and cords are sent to a recycler for reclaim.
Zero Landfill Initiative
eCycle Group’s leadership and staff are committed to preventing pollution and conserving resources in our offices, warehouses, and operations. By
continuously assessing our impact on the environment, we meet and exceed industry requirements that apply to our facilities, operations, partners and
eCycle Group's Zero Landfill Initiative efforts ensure our business waste has measured at .55% or lower since 2008, and safeguard that:
- Nearly 1000 tons* of corrugated cardboard is compacted in our bailer and recycled each year
- All paper and aluminum products and most plastics that enter our building are responsibly recycled
- Packaging products that can’t be recycled are sent off-site to generate electricity and steam
PA Act 129 afforded ERS high-efficiency fluorescent lights that were installed in the warehouse and motion switches, which were mounted in the
warehouse and offices. The updates will save an estimated 20% of kilowatt hours of electricity compared to 2011.
* Figures calculated by weight based on numbers from July 2011 thru January 2012
R2 (Responsible Recycling) Certification
R2 certification is the leading standard for the electronics recycling industry and recognizes companies that protect the environment, human health,
safety, and the security of the recycling process. R2 certification is awarded only to facilities meeting rigorous standards for environmental
responsibility, as tested by third-party auditors. In all, the audit encompasses more than 50 areas of operational and environmental performance,
and ensures that companies manage not only the responsible recycling of materials in their own facility, but also in those further downstream in
the recycling process. ERS was awarded the R2 certification in 2011.
ISO 14001:2004 is the international specification for an environmental management system (EMS). It specifies requirements for establishing an
environmental policy, determining environmental aspects and impacts of products/activities/services, planning environmental objectives and measurable
targets, implementation and operation of programs to meet objectives and targets, checking and corrective action and management review.
EPA WasteWise Partner
WasteWise is the country's first national voluntary solid waste reduction program. WasteWise encourages organizations to reduce municipal solid waste
through waste prevention, recycling, and buying or manufacturing recycled products. Through this partnership, ERS has established the goal to reduce
its waste generation by 10-percent in one year.